Lickability is a small software studio in NYC that builds apps for customers and clients. We’ve created our own apps like Pinpoint and Accelerator and helped build apps for great companies like Meetup, Jet, and The New Yorker.
We pride ourselves on five core values:
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. Inessential complexity is bad design.
Pay attention to every detail. Take extra care even when it goes unnoticed.
Build and explain systems as explicitly as possible. Avoid cleverness.
Ask for help and offer it. We’re better when we work together.
Have fun. Make things that will help people be happier.
We’re looking to hire an on-site, full-time account manager in New York who can help us identify and build relationships with new clients and grow our existing business. We offer competitive benefits to our employees as part of our overall compensation including insurance (health, vision, and dental), 401(k) retirement plans, four weeks paid vacation, transit benefits, and a generous equipment budget to build a setup you’ll love.
- Monitor and respond to incoming leads from our website contact form and voicemail inbox.
- Participate in initial sales calls to determine if there is a good fit with our services and availability.
- Find and develop ways to expand existing engagements.
- Communicate our process and approach to prospects and participate in marketing efforts.
- Gather information about new projects and necessary deliverables.
- Work with engineers to create a time and cost estimate and propose it to the client.
- Negotiate terms for deals that make sense for us and the client.
- Manage communication between our team and the decision-making client during the project to ensure the client’s needs and deadlines are being met.
- Travel to client offices as required.
- 2+ years professional experience in a similar role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable pitching clients on our services clearly and confidently.
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks before they impact a client.
- Experience having difficult conversations with clients and delivering both good and bad news.
- Passion for great design, technology, and a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Proficiency using web-based time / issue tracking and documentation management systems is a plus.
Women and people from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.